(SUN Yat-SEN COLLEGE
OF MEDICAL SCIENCE)
ZHONGSHAN University is on the approval Status of the following Organization:
World Health Organization (WHO)
General Medical Council, UK (GMC)
Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
China Medical Council,
Indian Medical Council
Bangladesh Medical Council
And many more
Founded in 1924 by Dr. Sun Yat-sen— a great leader of the 20th century, Sun Yat-sen University
is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning characterized by its revolutionary spirit. The mission of SYSU is to advance knowledge and educate students in arts, science, technology, and other academic areas that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Sun Yat-sen University is located in Guangdong Province, the frontal of reform and opening. At present the University has 4 campuses with a total area of 6.17 square kilometers sitting respectively on both sides of the Pearl River or facing the South China Sea. The Guangzhou South Campus covers an area of 1.17 square kilometers, the North Campus covers an area of 0.39 square kilometers, and the Zhuhai Campus covers an area of 3.48 square kilometers. All campuses have exuberance of green trees, abundance of lawns and beautiful sceneries, and are ideal for molding the temperaments, studying and doing research. The Guangzhou East Campus has an area of 1.13 square kilometers and is now under construction.
- At present, Sun Yat-sen University is a comprehensive university including the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, technical science, medical science, and pharmacology and management science.
- There are 25 schools and colleges, including the School of Humanities, Lingnan College, School of Foreign Languages, School of Law, School Political Science and Public Administration, School of Business, School of Education, School of Communication and Design, School of mathematics and Computational Science, School of Physics and Engineering, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, School of Geology and Planning, School of Environmental Science and Project, School of Life Science, School of Information Science and Technology, School of Engineering, School of Oversea Education Exchange, Sun Yat-sen Medical College, School of Fundamental Medicine, School of Public Health, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Nursing School, School of Pharmacology, as well as the Department of Earth Science, the Graduate School, School of Software, School of Network Education, College of Continuing Education, etc.
- Sun Yat-sen University offers a wide variety of subject areas and complete disciplines.
- In the programs of graduate studies, there are 22 disciplines leading to Doctorate degrees and 32 to Master degrees, of which 171 specialties lead to Doctorate degree, 236 specialties lead to Master degree; in addition, there are 17 branches of studies leading to professional degrees, which are: Doctorate degree in clinical medicine, Master of business administration (MBA), Master of public administration (MPA), Master of judicial studies (JD), Master of computer technology, Master of environmental project, Master of software engineering, Master of electronic and communication engineering. and Master of biology engineering.
- The University has 12 post-doctorate research floating stations of Chinese language and literature, history, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, fundamental medical science, clinical medical science, management, public management, philosophy, environmental science and engineering, 20 key disciplines at the national level and 43 key disciplines at Guangdong provincial level.
- In undergraduate education, there are 89 specialties in undergraduate programs, with 6 national bases of fundamental sciences research and training, such as philosophy, Chinese language and literature, history, physics, chemistry and biology, 25 undergraduate specialties of name-brand specialties at the provincial-level.
- There are also the national bases of education in cultural qualities for college students and the first athletic training base for college student in China.
- In this year, the numbers of students of all types’ amounts to 70000, of which 3800 are doctorate candidates, 13000 are graduate students, 28000 are undergraduate students, and 1100 are international students.
- Sun Yat-sen University has abundant qualified faculty members.
Programs offered in English:
Special Master’s Degrees:
Clinical Medicine, Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA), Law (JD), Education, Interpretation, Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language, Public Transportation, Hydraulic Engineering, Accountancy, Management of Projects, Material Engineering, Biological Engineering, Optical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Computer Technology, Environmental Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Integrate Circuit Engineering, Stomatological Medicine, Public Hygiene.
The university provides in-campus hostel to the international students. the hostel building equips with electrical lift. Two persons share a room with air conditioner, attached bathroom, color TV, telephone, bed with required amenities and furniture, free hot---drinking---water heater, refrigerate, internet access, public laundry and kitchen, Students are required to pay the electricity and water they used.
Sun Yat-sen College of Medical Sciences is located in Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province and the largest industrial and commercial city in Southern China. Guangzhou, with a population of over 10 million, is adjacent to Hong Kong and Macau, just about 2 hours journey by train or bus.
The Guangzhou South Campus is located in Haizhu District, Guangzhou, with a total area of 1.17 square kilometers. The Campus is divided east-westly into three areas of student dormitories and recreational facilities, teaching and research blocks and staff quarters. The buildings have different characteristics among flourishing trees and green lawns.
The climate of Guangzhou is sub-tropical. The average year-round temperature is 22C. August is the hottest month, with an average temperature of 28C. January is the coldest month, with an average of 13C. The rainy season falls between April and August. Average annual rainfall is 1,720 mm. Like Athens of Greece and Rome of Italy, Guangzhou also has a history of more than 2,800 years.
There are a lot of interesting legends concerning its past. One of the beautiful stories which give the city its name Goat Town
says that five gods riding on five goats brought the first grain to the city. So, it is also known as the City of Five Goats. Besides tales and stories, here and there stand monuments of the city's democratic and revolutionary past.